What is chip timing?Chip Timing is an electronic way to time your race. Athletes wear a small chip that records their time as they cross designated timing mats throughout the race and at the finish line. This information is fed into our laptops and race software so that we can produce accurate and lightning fast results.
What are the advantages to chip timing?There are many advantages to using chip timing at a race. Among them include:
- Accuracy. Very little room for human error.
- Less manual work. Since the race is timed electronically, there is far less work to be done by hand. You do not need to provide a finish line staff to mark the finish time of each participant, collect bib numbers, keep people in order down a chute, etc.
- Speed of results. The results of races with multiple split points can be tabulated while the race is in progress. Your athletes will not be kept waiting around long for your awards ceremony.
I’ve heard your results are the best around, is that true?We like to think so, but you be the judge. Go look at results on most websites and you’ll find a text listing. Sure it does the job. Now look at our results. Your athletes can see performance charts, what place they were in at different stages of the race (triathlon), share their personal result on Facebook, search, sort, and more! Your athletes worked hard and we intend to deliver only the best results for them.
When do you arrive at the race site?We will arrive at your race at least 2 hours before the start. During this time we will:
- Provide the numbered chips to your volunteers for distribution.
- Enter race day registrants into our timing system.
- Lay our timing mats at the finish line at other timing points as applicable.
- Set up the finishing line area. This includes a chute so that spectators do not impede the finish of your athletes, a finish line clock, inflatable arch finish line, and more!
- Test our timing equipment to ensure it is all working by the start of your race.
What makes you unique?We know what it takes to put on a first class event. We have extensive background working with events large and small. When we’re not timing, we’re doing the same thing your athletes are doing… racing. We treat every aspect of your race as if it were our own. We cater to your athletes, delivering fast accurate results at your race site.
What about online registration, you handle that too?You bet. We can administer your online registration at no cost to you. We’ve learned that it really helps to streamline the process and remove a burden from you, the Race Director. No more having to download your registrations or sharing your password. We take care of all of your registration for you. Learn more about Online Registration.
How much will it cost for It’s Race Time to time my race?Probably less than you think. We pride ourselves in providing top notch service and accurate results in a timely fashion. We typically charge a price per registered athlete. However, we can also arrange a flat price for your race if that will work better for your budget. Contact us so we can discuss your race.
How many volunteers do I need to provide?We ask that you provide two volunteers to hand out chips before the race. Additionally, we will need two volunteers to assist with chip collection at the finish line, more for larger races.
Do you post results at the race site?Of course! If you’ve ever competed in an event we’ve timed, you see right away that we are well known for the speed at which we post results. We are constantly posting refreshed finisher lists as the race goes on. Athletes rarely have to wait more than a few minutes to see exactly how they did.
How does It’s Race Time "give back"?Through our Giveback Program, we give money to local triathlon and running clubs annually. Read more about the Giveback Program and this unique benefit we offer.
I’m organizing a first-time event. How am I going to be able to afford chip timing?The good news is that you can afford to furnish your event with chip timing. We know that chip timing will give your race a professional feel and keep racers coming back for years to come. We can help make your first-time event to be a success.
Do you offer “disposable chips”?Yes. We use the latest (and greatest) in disposable chips, active transponders that are on the athlete’s bib. If your event has over 2000 participants, you’re probably best suited for disposable chips
Wait… I have another question.No problem, contact us by phone or email. We’d be glad to answer any of your questions.
This site was created by
Copyright 2007, 2014 All rights reserved