Jessica and Sheila have been best friends since kindergarten, but on the first day of 7th grade, Sheila dumps Jessica and becomes part of a new clique who humiliates Jessica. If junior high is supposed to be so great, why is Jessica miserable? A Booklist Editor's Choice.
Friday, July 3, 2015
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Location of Jingmen City in Hubei and the PRC
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Prefecture-level city||12,404 km2 (4,789 sq mi)|
|• Prefecture-level city||3,023,000|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
|- Total||CN¥120.261 billion
|- Per capita||CN¥37,649
|Licence plate prefixes||鄂H|
Administrative divisionsJingmen municipality comprises two districts, one county-level city and two counties :
- Dongbao District (东宝区)
- Duodao District (掇刀区)
- Zhongxiang City (钟祥市)
- Shayang County (沙洋县)
- Jingshan County (京山县)
City layoutDongbao District "downtown" is located about 3 hours away from Wuhan by bus or rail. A new train service was introduced from Jingmen to Wuhan in 2004. Jingmen is very close to many great tourist attractions such as Changban Slope of Three Kingdoms fame, the Wudang Mountains, and the Ming Tomb in Zhongxiang (a World Heritage site only an hour away). As it is located in central China, Jingmen is within easy reach of almost anywhere in the country, taking about 18 hours to either Beijing or Guangzhou by train, or two hours by train to Yichang, home of the Gezhouba Dam project and Three Gorges Dam. From here travellers can fly to many destinations.
The Dongbao District "downtown" has 3 north-south parallel roads:
- Xiangshan Dadao - The main avenue of Jingmen City. Most governmental buildings are here. Most civil functions, including hospitals, recreational areas, hotels, and the only university in Jingmen - Jingchu University of Technology, are alongside the road.
- Changning Dadao - All big telecommunication companies set up there branches here. Also there are many cellphone shops. The Jingmen railway station is to the north of Changning Dadao.
- Baiyun Dadao - The inner city part of National Highway 207, and a route to the Xiangfan-Jingzhou Highway.
- Jinxia Lu - Not a main avenue, but an important street in the city centre. Lots of small shops and schools there.
The main commercial area is Zhongtian Street (formerly Jiefang (Liberty) Road), a pedestrian only street, which also crisscrosses the three main roads.
Jingmen is surrounded by hills within easy reach.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Synthpop, dark wave, new wave, dream pop, indietronica|
|Labels||One Big Silence, Paper Bag, Domino|
Austra's debut album Feel It Break was released on May 17, 2011 by Paper Bag Records. On July 6, 2011, the album was shortlisted for the 2011 Polaris Music Prize, but lost out to Arcade Fire's The Suburbs. Feel It Break was included on several year-end critics' lists; notably, both the Toronto Star and New York named it the best album of 2011, with the former calling it "an outright stunner". Stereogum named Austra a Band to Watch on March 14, 2011.
Their second album Olympia was released on June 18, 2013, from which the first single Home was released on March 7, 2013.
- Habitat (2014)
- Sparkle (2011)
- "Beat and the Pulse" (2010)
- "Lose It" (2011)
- "Spellwork" (2011)
- "Home" (2013)
- "Painful Like" (2013)
- "Forgive Me" (2013)
- "Hurt Me Now" (2014)
- "Habitat" (2014)
- "American Science" (2014)